Saturday, April 3, 2010

What to do with all these eggs.

We have over 100 laying hens on our farm. Although we sell most of the eggs, it is not unusual for me to have a couple dozen extra each week. Many times, I will freeze the eggs (break the eggs into a container and scramble. You can freeze them in a larger container, or in ice cube trays. I believe 2 egg-cubes equals about 1 large egg.) This is great for in the winter when they aren't laying as much.

Anyway, I'm always on the look out for recipes that use lots of eggs. This is one of my husband's favorites. It's a take off of a Rachel Ray recipe:

Fritatta

12 eggs, slightly beaten
1 lb cooked spaghetti
6 oz your favorite cheese (we actually like a mixture of mozeralla and asiago)
6 strips of bacon
2 c your favorite veggies (mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.)

Grease a 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 deg.
Cook the bacon. Finely chop and set aside. Drain most of the grease from the pan.
(Use a big enough pan to fit a lb. of cooked spaghetti) Put veggies in pan and cook until soften. Add spaghetti and eggs. You don't really want to completely cook the eggs, so just stir constantly for about 3 minutes.

Dump mixture into 9x13 pan. Add bacon crumbles and cheese on top. Bake for 15-20 until golden brown.

I would say this make 6 servings, but my husband would say it only makes 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment